Chicago Dream Pop artist Jeremy Devaughn shares some exclusive updates with our team. His new album titled “leave” is set to arrive June 1st and he hopes it will lift your spirits while you’re stuck in the house.
- What first got you into music?
- Going to church. Those musicians are some of the most talented out there and at 3 years old I was captivated.
- How would you describe the music that you typically create?
- Chill, dreamy, indie folk, I’m not really sure. I just create what I’m feeling at the time. One thing is that my taste and style is always evolving so don’t expect something different anytime we release new music.
- What is your creative process like?
- I come up with a lot of ideas in the shower, in the car or while watching movies.
- Who would you most like to collaborate with?
- Thom Yorke
- If you could go open a show for any artist who would it be?
- Thom Yorke / Radiohead
- What is the most useless talent you have?
- Solving a Rubik’s Cube
- What would you be doing right now, if it wasn’t for your music career?
- Well besides my “music career” I run a design / marketing company.
- What are your favourite and least favourite venues? Do you have any upcoming shows?
- Favorite venues: The Riviera in Chicago, The Troubadour in West Hollywood & Red Rocks (which i’ve never been). No upcoming show due to being on lockdown, but I might do some live streams once the album drops.
- What’s next for you?
- Releasing the album June 1st and as far as business goes, we have a brand new music delivery service that we will be beta testing in Chicago this summer.
David Hammond is a news writer of News Head Line. He was formerly the supervising Anchor on the Business show Stossel. then he got his started at News Head Line News. David investigative reporting has been featured on newsheadline.us. He is also the Author of Stories. He has a B.A. from the College of William and he lives in US.